Sunday, May 3, 2009

Church + Nap = Good Day

This morning started out with a brisk walk to the chapel, which is only a few short blocks away from our hotel. I'm sure that we were quite the spectacle-- 25 Americans walking down the street at 8:30 in the morning in skirts, heels, and white shirts and ties! When we arrived at the church building, the members greeted us with besos and abrazos. I am constantly amazed at how welcoming and loving the people are here. The chapel was very nice and even had a piano and air conditioning. A new bishopric was sustained today, so it was cool to see the priesthood and revelation in action halfway across the world. It was also fast and testimony meeting today, so we got to hear many members' testimonies. I think my brain turned to mush about halfway through because I was concentrating so hard on understanding what they were trying to say. But I think I got the gist of what was being said. I'm starting to really appreciate words like revelacion, presidente, and espiritu. It doesn't require nearly as much thinking! For Sunday School, we attended the YSA class. The class must have quadrupled in size! Seriously. Most of us went to Relief Society today, and I think next week some of us might go to Primary or Mujeres Jovenes (YW). Going to Church in Spanish is definitely an adventure! Even though I didn't understand every single word, I still felt the Spirit so strongly. There are strong ties of love and companionship that bind the members of the Church together, no matter their nationality, background, or language.

And I bet you couldn't guess what we did after church???.... That's right, took a NAP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment